BC Fly Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering if anyone has headed out to the interior to fish. Would be nice to hear a few reports or stories, maybe even see some pics. :D

fisher4life

E

·
0 Posts
Hey, I was up in the Peachland/Okanagan area doing some exploring this past weekend. Most of the lakes above 1100 meters are still iced on. The lakes that were iced off (that I saw) were Osprey, Chain, Link, and Darke.

Lakes that still had ice included Hydraulic, Spring (50%), Headwater #1, and the lakes in the Kane valley were just icing off. Should be good to go in a day or two if this weather keeps up.

I tried, but couldn't get to Browne, Taurus, Pete, Lassie, and Cup because the roads still had snow on them.

The only one that I was considering to fish was Spring, but then I noticed the restriction of no fishing until May 1st.

Eddie

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
You can also check the sister site bcfishingreports ( the link is at the top of the page)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll have some reports soon, I would have at least one already, but I put a new engine in my truck and I'm still working out the bugs. :? :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kane Valley Lakes

Well made it up to the Kane valley yesterday, fished Kane lakes and Englishmen.

Fished Kane from 9-1:30 was dead slooww, saw some small #16-20 chronimids comming off and lots of pregnant shrimp near shore but couldnt find the fish :?: ...Anchored in 20' of water tried various chronimd/bloodworm patterns but no love :? Talked to a couple other anglers who also reported poor fishing.Decided to head over to Englishmen for the first time. Stopped by Harmon on the way over did not see anyone fishing but water was like glass :shock: . Got to Englishmen only to find a big white truck with the letters LIVE TROUT on the side :shock: They had just finished stocking 1000 catchables. Watched them for a while, was kind of cool to see.Trolled around the lake and could see alot more debris floating compared to Kane. Trolled leech's/dragons/damsels...nadda. Was getting late so we headed back to the launch and managed to hook into some of the recent stock :lol: :oops: ...Looks like these lakes are going to be turning over anytime now 8)

Cheers

-RC

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the report RC...I'm heading up the Logan way Wed, to play with the Tunkwa/Leighton bows. I was told both have already turned...Hopefully the wind will be at a minimum.

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have fun up there FF, hope you hit it at a good time...You have me wondering about turn over....Tunkwa is higher elevation than Kane, so maybe they had already turned??? Water was pretty clear but like I said there was quite a bit of debris in Englishmen. Well I'll just keep telling myself it was near the end or begining of turn over :twisted: :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Considering TUNKWA means BIG WIND ........... you know what you can expect. Every year over 4 days one seems to be poor for fly fishing ...... great for flying a kite though.

GOFISH

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tunkwa

Last four day trip I did at Tunkwa Three days and twenty Hrs of poor fishing,the four hrs of good fishing was insane!One even hit the side of my boat during one of those thick as fog hatches!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was up around Kane Valley and then Pike Mountain and found it excellent this past weekend. Three in the 20+ range on mids, then about a score in the 15-16 inch range. Maybe a couple below that, a few larger. Weather was mediocre though.

E

·
0 Posts
Hey Troutman,

I don't mean to sound dumb, but what are "mids"?? Is that short for "midges"?

What lakes did you try?

Thanks

Eddie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts