BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to leave my palatial surf shack/man-cave/tiki bar in Santa Cruz, California and drive my way up to Terrace, BC in late May or Early June. I see by the map that I'll be covering lots of terrain, and passing by lots of rivers, none of which I'm familiar with and way too many to explore adequately. If you were me, which route would you take, and which rivers would you take the time to try? I did this trip once before, north to south, and the only river I had time to fish was the Horsefly. Great little river and I ran into some really nice folks. I know there's more fine water than that on the way, I just don't know about it.

(Note that I admire the way you keep your rivers lightly documented. I promise to keep moving and not Californicate, or worse, Montanicate your little piece of paradise. And it's not like I really know my a** from a hole in the ground, but I do like standing in moving water and waving that new rod around. Can you help a brother out?)

Any input will be appreciated. In return I'll be happy to share the location of this remote Baja right point break--as long as you promise not to, well, see the above...

And thanks. image.jpg

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Stellako River outside of Ft. Fraser. One of the most perfect trout streams in BC.

·
corney
274 Posts
I can't believe you shared that with the californacater! That 11 km of paradise should not be shared.lol

The only thing is that river in May and June will be a beatch to fish as the water will be really high.

If you do go there stay right at the cabins by the bridge where the river starts coming out of Francois lake. It will be the only water you might be able to fish.

take my advise I'm not using it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Stellako tip. I've actually looked into the Stellako from the bridge by the cabins and thought to myself, that looks like a great river. It sure was pretty. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to stop and try it out. So of course, as the next poster points out, I'll have my second chance at a time when the chance isn't that good. But thanks for the tip anyway.

Having said that, it's a long way between the Canadian border and Ft. Frasier. What other delights lie between the two?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts