BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

Have been working almost to the arctic circle this year currently 330 km's northwest of Yellowknife at a gold exploration canp(10 People in total,1 drill 2 sets of drillers) ice still approx 28 inches thick but going fast,wind has been warm last few days.Lots of dark spots on ice will not last long been able to walk over to the river inlet at the west end of the lake,great lake trout fishing,man are they hungry,every cast has at least a bite or a set up fish on it.It gets better last night still out fishing after 1100 pm (land of the midnight sun) small ones 6-8 lb being set upon by even larger well over 15-20 lb or larger fish,some that were landed had bite marks on them crazy !!!!
Alas tonite not save enough to even venture that far out ,ice very black,rotten,will have to rescue boat from the other lake and bring it over via helicopter at least for the summer drill season.

But my main question for those of you stillwater fishers,how has the fishing been,rotating out around the Jul1 weekend for 3 weeks need to make up for lost time,plan on spending lots of it on the water trying out new gore tex waders,which Iv'e only had the chance to try on in the house !!:mad:

Look forward to any and all responses

Chris
Ren Camp/Ren Lake NWT
For those of you how want to look it up 65 degrees 23.30 min north 112.5930 west lat

·
Registered
51 Posts
Williams Lake area is quite overcast these days and 7degs @ 4:16am today. Water is still cold and the fishing seems to be very good for Rainbows, Kokanee and Brookies. Have not heard of any bad fishing yet in region 5.
Alas tonite not save enough to even venture that far out ,ice very black,rotten,will have to rescue boat from the other lake and bring it over via helicopter at least for the summer drill season.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Thompson-Okanagan has been wet lately, one of the wettest springs in recent memory which is good if you consider how negligible the snow pact was this year. Fishing has been very good too. The high elevation chironomid hatches are just starting to kick into gear, but the past couple weeks they've been very slow in some spots. A buddy of mine who lives in Kamloops has been doing very well, though I'm not sure what lakes he fishes around there. Some guys I work with played Tobiano gcc last week said they didn't see a soul fishing out on the thompson, but this was during the week.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Thompson-Okanagan has been wet lately, one of the wettest springs in recent memory which is good if you consider how negligible the snow pact was this year. Fishing has been very good too. The high elevation chironomid hatches are just starting to kick into gear, but the past couple weeks they've been very slow in some spots. A buddy of mine who lives in Kamloops has been doing very well, though I'm not sure what lakes he fishes around there. Some guys I work with played Tobiano gcc last week said they didn't see a soul fishing out on the thompson, but this was during the week.
I've just gotten back this weekend from a trip into the interior, and it was good as long as there weren't alot of storm systems in the area. The hatches are more spread out this year and so we're not seeing as many concentrated(mass hatches). At least thats been my experience thus far. But! The water hasn't been warming as fast and so the spring fishing looks like it might hold out a bit longer this year. A fair trade off in my opinion.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah I would agree, I'm not complaining at all. Especially with the rain (unless I'm on the water). There is a direct correlation between how much rain we get and how hard I have to work (being an irrigation tech).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts