BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,

I moved recently and in the carnage I seem to have lost the valve to my Dragonfly venture float tube.

I think it is a $3 boston valve, from this website: http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/products/accessories.aspx?cat=17&id=138 But I don't seem to be able to order it. Anyone seen one of these in any stores around? Or perhaps have a spare one from a dead float tube that they'd be willing to part with?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I wouldn't bother with replacement. Go to your local tire shop and pick up a used 20" truck tire tube. It is heavier than the poly tube that comes with your boaqt, but is much more reliable, is easier to inflate (just stop at a service station on the way) and if you go to Can Tire you can buy a couple spare valve stems and a valve tool for under $10. (I deflate the tube by removing the valve stem and I have an Altoids tin that I keep the stems and tool in an it goes in one of the side pockets.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo, I found replacement boston valves at Kits inflatable boats in Vancouver, and I think Steveston Marine & Hardware has them as well. I am going to keep the current inflatable bladder and and get the float tube kit.

Unfortunately weight is of critical importance for me with this float tube, as I am planning some over-night hike in float tube trips this year. Trying to keep my pack weight under 50lbs with both overnight camping gear, fishing gear, and float tube, waders, flippers is a challenge!

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts