BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Should have told me you were tying tonight I could have dropped by, and maybe learnt something. Or at least used some of you material :)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should have told me you were tying tonight I could have dropped by, and maybe learnt something. Or at least used some of you material :)
It wasn't planned, just got ambitious, doesn't happen too often! :) Whatcha doing tomorrow..... I think I might atempt another dozen or so!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got on the vice a bit over the holidays. For me it's more about practice and learning to tye properly, any fishable flies that I get out of it are an added bonus. I have been tying on and off for a couple of years now but am trying to get a little more serious about it. It would be nice to be able to consider myself a proficient tyer one of these days!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I've been on, but tying up trout flies for the spring. Did a dozen of each of these. Have a bunch more I haven't taken photos of. I'll send them off to Rick to post on the Fly Patterns link.;)

Primrose Comparadun

Beetle Bug

G

·
Been on the ole vice myself a bit, hacking away like some five-thumbed numbskull. As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect or in my case, frustrated.

Here's a Caverhill Nymph, Lady McConnell, Halfback, Rising Boatman(dry) and a normal Waterboatman:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.