BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8) I was in the very fortunate position this morning to view and try a few of the new 2007 Hardy and Greys rods and reels. I am very impressed especially with the reels...from Both! Greys has taken a much better position on thorough operating reels. Their inexpensive cartridge reels Ie: GTX and the new GRXi with 4 spools is very attractive as a trout reel without all the bells and whistles. It comes with a nice carrying case ...good value.
The Stream lite and the G Tech are a reel(!) surprise in looks and quality...sharp looking, quality Aluminum construction...budget conscious fly guys are in luck. For the Hardy buffs...you are out of luck..the new reels suck;I want them all! The Zane Reel/rod combo are for the Salt Water guy that knows what he wants and doesn't care about costs. A perfectly matched combo...the reel has a new space aged look cage and the drag is AVCARB...and for those that don't know that is Numero Uno Period! That is why for those that do know the Zane Titanium version($10,000.00 yes $10,000.00) is the best reel for Saltwater fishing in the world. However,for we mere mortals the regular Zane version is with-in reach for all fly casters...with AVCARB. Trout fishers are going to love the new Marksmen series ,available in wt. sizes for 2-5 only. I could go on but you can get my drift...after you go through too many reels you will always come back to Hardy...lifetime waranteed and reels that work;Period
C

·
Registered
13 Posts
re Hardy testimonial

Are you a salesman or retailer for Hardy?? They make decent reels no question--but to go so far as to say their ZANE GREY is the best reel in the world goes to show that you have never had anything but Hardy in your hand.
The Megoff reels in Titanium Model will blow Zane off the map in drag system-looks and costs if you think you need Titanium Reels.
Likewise the Hardy Rods are again OK but nothing that is above many top notch rods.
I have owned and used most of what you talk of except the Zane-thenwhy do I buy them??? Because with the HARDY CULT out there I can buy and use a reel/or rod untill I get tired of them and then sell them for the same price or more---THAT Is the REEL attraction.
As to the GREY series made by Hardy the are really nice to use as a reel to store line on or catch fish which don't test the drag.I can't believe Hardy stooped to a new low with this reel.
Speyed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts