BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all - I am a new member of Fly Fish BC and a new member in the Comox Valley... I am trying to get information on the alpine lakes in the Forbidden Plateau area of Vancouver Island; The fresh water regulations are pretty foggy on which lake/tributaries one is allowed to fish? Any help on some of the islands alpine lakes or rivers would be great!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I am not sure if this will answer your questions, but following is perhaps the most overlooked and yet the most important part of the synopsis. This is from page 1 "How To Use This Synopsis":

"LOOK FOR THE LAKE OR STREAM you plan to fish in the WaterSpecific Tables following the Regional Regulations for your
Region.
A. IF YOUR LAKE OR STREAM DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE
WATER-SPECIFIC TABLES, NO SPECIAL REGULATIONS ARE
IN EFFECT. THEREFORE, YOU MUST ONLY FOLLOW:
• The Provincial Regulations AND
• The Regional Regulations for the Region.
B. IF YOUR LAKE OR STREAM DOES APPEAR IN THE
REGIONAL WATER-SPECIFIC TABLES,
YOU MUST FOLLOW:
• The Provincial Regulations,
• The Regional Regulations for the Region, AND/OR
• Any EXCEPTIONS or ADDITIONS listed for your water.
REGULATIONS ON TRIBUTARIES. In addition, if an asterisk
(*) is listed next to a lake or stream listed in the Tables,
then those regulations also apply to any tributary streams
that flow into that lake or stream (see page 5). "

Learn these and the regs become very easy (I think).

Reactions: tysalmond

·
Hey!!Your fly is down...
35 Posts
Are you talking in the park? Try fishing Douglas and mckenzie lakes. There is also a cabin at up there to. Is good for a weekend get away. Takes about 4 hours to get in. From the old Forbidden plateau ski area. Actually, haven't been in a while, maybe the cabin is still there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx,
I've read about two cabins being up in the park area that back country hikers are allowed to use. Last time you were up there, was the fishing pretty good? What time of year did you go in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After much research I have found that some of the lakes have been stocked within the last 5 years, and that fly fishing is allowed... some information on the net is either out dated or just part of a rumour mill. Anyways thanks to the two people that commented and happy fishing!

·
Hey!!Your fly is down...
35 Posts
Thx,
I've read about two cabins being up in the park area that back country hikers are allowed to use. Last time you were up there, was the fishing pretty good? What time of year did you go in?
I would go in 5-6 times a year. Spent alot of time in the park. I would go in any time, except the dead of winter. The fishing was always good.

Have fun up there, wish I was back at home on the Island.

Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts