BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
You rock climber you. Haha. Love it.

I don't have any info, but I'm sure you'll get a PM or two from some members here. How long are you going to be in the area?

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Rocky,

Loads of good water up that way. I'm still pretty new at discovering it, so I'm not sure what the conditions will be like. I know a lot of the rivers really blow out in the Valley during spring and early summer. I'm just not that familliar with the timing of it all yet. I'll be getting a new work schedule for June in the next week. I'll send you a PM and we can chat more about what kind of fishing you want to do etc etc.

I used to be in to rock climbing quite a bit. I just went through my trad rack and am going to post it up on the board at MEC and see if I can turn it into a new fishing kit. Can't decide if I want a 12'6-13' 7/8 weight skagit style stick or a 10'6 4 weight trout rod.

It's funny how passions can some times go full circle. I started rock climbing in Squamish, got into mountaineering, did both for about a decade. The close friends I had that enjoyed the sport with me moved, I slowly stopped going, and the gear ended up being stored.

Now I'm starting to really get into fly fishing (have only been doing it about 3 years now) and it's really taken off for me in the Squamish Valley.

Anyway, I'm jealous, sounds like a great trip. I'll message you when I get my schedule.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts