BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I will be in the Bugaboos rock climbing this summer and recently ordered the topos for the area and noticed an abundance of what appear to be small mountain streams. The internet has absolutely no information I could readily find on fishing in the area and was curious if anyone had any beta on what these streams are like mid-summer and if they contain trout.

Thanks!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Now that sounds like a dream trip!
A tenkara setup would be perfect for packing into the hut (probably not much fishing way up there though).
Make sure you fence off your car with chickenwire before you head up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BCBound-

I will be in Squamish for 3 weeks beginning June 10th before heading to the Bugs for 2 weeks after which I'm driving up to Alaska. I see you are in Vancouver. If you would like to fish around the Squamish area let me know. I will have my truck, and I can meet you anywhere, any day or time. When I was up that direction skiing this winter it looked like there was a ton of good fishing around the Pemberton area.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Rocky,

Loads of good water up that way. I'm still pretty new at discovering it, so I'm not sure what the conditions will be like. I know a lot of the rivers really blow out in the Valley during spring and early summer. I'm just not that familliar with the timing of it all yet. I'll be getting a new work schedule for June in the next week. I'll send you a PM and we can chat more about what kind of fishing you want to do etc etc.

I used to be in to rock climbing quite a bit. I just went through my trad rack and am going to post it up on the board at MEC and see if I can turn it into a new fishing kit. Can't decide if I want a 12'6-13' 7/8 weight skagit style stick or a 10'6 4 weight trout rod.

It's funny how passions can some times go full circle. I started rock climbing in Squamish, got into mountaineering, did both for about a decade. The close friends I had that enjoyed the sport with me moved, I slowly stopped going, and the gear ended up being stored.

Now I'm starting to really get into fly fishing (have only been doing it about 3 years now) and it's really taken off for me in the Squamish Valley.

Anyway, I'm jealous, sounds like a great trip. I'll message you when I get my schedule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts