BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard if there is one this year (07) in Vancouver? I missed the last one here.I know there is one in Bellvue in Feb.I wonder if its worth a drive down there to check it out.Any info let me know ,thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Fly Fishing Expo' (fish the bow')

Calgary,Feb.2-Feb 4,
This show is put on by the same group that did the last Vancouver Show(Fly Fusion Magazine group)...there wasn't enough interest in these shows in this area to warrant another...and the costs,"it's always about Money" were too high.
The Bellvue show is a good show as well....
If you want to se and feel the latest from Snowbee,Hardy/Greys,Loop,Loomis,Sage,Beulah and others come to Calgary,fish the Bow and and cast a few rods.
C

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will head south and check it out,I would think its a big event with all the shows listed on thier calander.To bad about the vancouver show,I guess I should have attended the last one for support

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fly fishing show

The Bellevue show is indeed great. There is also a show by the same organisers the following week as well in Portland,Oregon.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Goodies

I am heading down with a few buddies and our wives.
We are of the lucky ilk whose better halves understand our afflictions and try to help us.
But there is no cure.
I can't wait to see the new Regal rotary.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Bellvue

Well I spent the day down in Bellvue at the Fly Fishing Show.
It was quite good.
Met some old friends I haven't seen in a long time and met some new friends as well.
The casting demos were excellant.
I particularily enjoyed Simon Gawsworths demo on spey casting.
There were some good deals on fly tying materials if thats what you wanted.
The Tying demos were top notch.
Larry Nicholas taught me several things about setting wings on classics.
Trevor Nowak is an excellant all around tyer. Nice twists on classic patterns and his own versions of contempary ones as well.
Now for the Pie'ce dú resitánce.
I have corresponded with Harry Lemire for several years, and finally got to meet him yesterday. My wife Joan was attending the show with me and we were watching Harry tie a classic in hand. I mentioned to Joan to watch closeley ,as she wants to start tieng flies, and she would get a lot of good tips. Watching intently from the start, I was asking questions about material selection etc. Harry obviously was listening to Joan and I talk about her starting to tie, for as he finished the fly, he presented it to Joan with the words, " Here you go, use this for your inspiration. " WOW. A full dressed married wing classic from Harry Lemire. I am jealous!
The one tying product that stood out to me was all the different Whiting capes and saddles. Drool. I have never had them in my hand to look at closely before. The feathers are incredible. Not just the dry fly hackle we all know about , but all the hen products as well. Some of the colours are just incredible. Black edged hen feathers with just about any colour you could want inside.
I have to go tie now

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds marvelous.............I am going to the Castlegar expo on the 24th...it should be good...it it their 8th Annual...they have the Sage Rep there with the analyzer...could be interesting

KF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts