BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
What say we see how everybody does their version of a fly or theme. Starting January we will be doing a monthly fly or theme to show off our fave flies. I was thinking cutty flies.If anybody wants to do something else chime in. A pic would be nice,but not required.

A listing of materials in order tied in,and any special tying instructions would be good. If you have any secret methods of fishing said killer fly, please share if you feel so inclined. So when I get back from fishing new years day I will post a pic of one of my favourite cutty patterns. I challenge all members to contribute. Maybe we could talk admin, into a fly challenge gallery.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Great Idea!

This concept will be implemented! I have already been talking to some suppliers for prizes!!:) This is going to be for active members only!! phearless has suggested possibly starting it off with a winter cutthroat pattern or possibly some winter steelhead patterns. All of you who are interested can decide which pattern we are going to start off with.

This will start Jan first and I will have the info about it up before then. It will be as simple as uploading an image and tying recipe to our new photo gallery, which I will have up in the next day or two. The new photo gallery will be integrated into the forum so you wont have to login twice, once you log in the forum you are in the gallery. :D

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
where's the flies?

Hey guys,
let's see your cutty flies!
Several people said they were in.
I wanna see.
Never know, could be the fly that saves your day in the bunch.

I will update that crappy pic in the gallery tonight.
It really is a great streamer for cutts.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I have found most success fishing it in water with a bit of flow to it. Be worth a try in slower tho'.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just use webby saddle hackles and strip one side of its feathers and when I tie it in at the back of the fly I tie in the small end first and wrap it forward towards the eye.
Thanks
Bead Head

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.