BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to the forum. I just purchased a lake property on Kootenay lake near Boswell north of Creston. I am wondering if anyone would care to share any tips for fly fishing in the area. How to locate fish in Kootenay Lake? Where to access the Goat river? Fishing for bass in Duck lake? etc...
I have no idea about fishing the area and just came back from a week long stay and tried some fishing in Kootenay lake and Duck lake but was skunked?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Just joined and saw this post from last year. Coincidentally I just fished the Goat River while in Creston. Off Hwy 21 heading south to the border there is a bit of a sketchy road (sign has an address and then says Park ). Follow that in for a few hundred yards until you get to an older cook shack. From the parking spots head into any access you see and from that point to where the Goat flows into the Kootenay River there should be some activity. Alternatively, I fished a spot between Kitchener and Creston on the Goat. Access from the bridge along higway and head down stream. Beautiful spots. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts