BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to hear from the "experts" what necessary modifications & some not so necessary are required for a standard Creek company 24" float tube?...Right now it has seen little action and is in perfect condition. It has a heavy duty vinyl bladder.
I plan to do a bit more stillwater fishing this year and just want to know what needs to be added to make the fishing trips more productive & enjoyable,............Thanks, Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Ortho. About the only modification I would consider, swapping out the vinyl bladder for a truck tube. I don't trust the pvc bladders even if they are lighter in weight . Get a float tube rod holder (no need to get the Scotty tho'). Be sure to wear Depends :wink: :wink: . Enjoy.

G

·
You can't wait can you ortho? :lol: I think you have to put that DVD away for a bit. :lol:...professori's right go with the truck tube. On my tube I've got my fish finder harness complete with extra storage compartments. I also carry a 5 pound claw anchor in the back just incase I need some stability chironomid fishing in choppy waters. I'll deffinately be picking up a rod holder.

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
professori said:
Ortho. About the only modification I would consider, swapping out the vinyl bladder for a truck tube. I don't trust the pvc bladders even if they are lighter in weight . Get a float tube rod holder (no need to get the Scotty tho'). Enjoy.
100% agree with this advice. PVC bladders are not reliable enough to be in any watercraft that I own. A polyurethane bladder is totally different and much better, but are expensive to replace. The truck inner tube is the way to go, and the valve stem on them are compatible with gas station air compressor pumps so that you can fill you tube most of the way when you get close to the lake you want to fish. Then you don't have to pump so much when you get there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fish Finder said:
On my tube I've got my fish finder harness complete with extra storage compartments.

Finder :

What kind of fish finder do you use on a float tube? did it come with the harness?? Just curious cause i never knew you could use finders with a tube.

·
Registered
45 Posts
fisher4life said:
What kind of fish finder do you use on a float tube? did it come with the harness?? Just curious cause i never knew you could use finders with a tube.
You could use one of those Fishing Buddy fish finders in a float tube easily. A holster that can attach to your tube or pontoon is also available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice!......By the time I get all the stuff for the tube and my fly gear together for stillwater fishing, looks like I'm gonna have to put in a reservation for some additional closet space....(some of those shoes of the brides will have to go).........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will I need a small cooler?....Heh heh .......... :) ..........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Dragging a net bag will keep beverages quite cool and a dozen or more in the bag will double as an anchor. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that is the voice of and "experienced" fly fisher..............LOVE it!!!.....If the fishin' sucks you can always drink the anchor!........Ortho

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Depends :wink: :wink: :wink:

G

·
You can always run a cathitor line.. :oops: Think about it...It would be perfect...Run it up and out the top of your waders, and let it empty into the lake... :wink: :wink:

Finder :lol:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Over the years I've found that there are ways, if you have reasonable balance and flexibility. Nothing like insufferable pressure to show you the way.

FF - the catheter sounds like a good idea, but the pressure needed to clear the top of your waders is something only you young guys have. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
professori said:
FF - the catheter sounds like a good idea, but the pressure needed to clear the top of your waders is something only you young guys have. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was going to say the same thing yesterday. And I'm assuming FF means a condom catheter, not the regular catheter that's inserted all the way to the bladder. I'm willing to bet money that not too many guys out there will have the courage to self-insert a #14 Foley french catheter just to avoid having to go to the bathroom. And coming down with a bladder infection in a remote lake will really put a damper on the fishing. :shock:

G

·
professori Posted: Thursday 27th of April 2006 07
That may be true prof....so what would be good is a low gravity model...perhaps out the bottom....just aqua seal up the desired exit area...I had a buddy up at Ross lake hop out of his tube mid lake, kneel off the front edge and peel down his waders..good thing there wasn't any chop on the water. :shock:

Stone Posted: Thursday 27th of April 2006 07
I was going to say the same thing yesterday. And I'm assuming FF means a condom catheter, not the regular catheter that's inserted all the way to the bladder. I'm willing to bet money that not too many guys out there will have the courage to self-insert a #14 Foley french catheter just to avoid having to go to the bathroom. And coming down with a bladder infection in a remote lake will really put a damper on the fishing.
Ouch Stone! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Having a full breakfast of bran, scrambled eggs, and coffee,.. then being in a tube out in the middle of the lake can also put a damper on fishing too. :shock: :shock: :lol:

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
This discussion reminds me of something...Oh yeah, I JUST BOUGHT A WATERSKEETER SPEY CASTER PONTOON BOAT!! Guess my days in a belly boat are very limited now. :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts