BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I have some pics of the flies I had made. I don't remember the names except the Egg Sucking Leech in the third picture and one of them is a Royal Coachman. These were to be added to my Brookie Box. I had four of each made, so I have spares. I caught lots of 8" Brookies with the one in the first pic and the fourth pic had a couple also. No size to any of the brookies as the lake was algae infested due to a warm up. I hope the pic's are clear enough.
The pics are great. Not only that, your ties look pretty damn good too. I don't know the name of the last one, but the rest look like tha are 1. wooly bugger 2. pumpkinhead 4.royal coachman (wet) 5. mickey finn.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The pics are great. Not only that, your ties look pretty damn good too. I don't know the name of the last one, but the rest look like tha are 1. wooly bugger 2. pumpkinhead 4.royal coachman (wet) 5. mickey finn.
The flies were tied by a custom fly tier in Williams lake. He does an awesome job. I just tell him what I want and he gets them done. I used the one in the first pic yesterday. I had lots of hits and some Rainbows up to the pontoon but couldn't get then to stay on. Lots of fly fishers but not a lot of catchers. Maybe in the morning it was better as there was sign of fish cleaning. I did see some 5+ lb jumpers. My buddy was using a huge leach pattern and had what looked like from the jumping an easy 5lb rainbow, he lost it at the last few seconds before he could land it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of my top flies for brookies in lakes are: Epoxy Minnow, woolly worm, black gnat, hornberg, dragons. burgandy seal fur bugger, muddler minnow or flies that have some red and/or orange in them. I partially agree with bh in that sometimes I fish for them no differently than other species, although I find brookies are more apt take streamers than rainbows.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts