BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Being that I am an older generation and fairly new to computers I have had a bit of a problem getting used to this site. Well that I hope explains why I am late intruducing myself.My name is Chris(Red Fly)I have lived in BC my entire life and have fished,hunted and camped all over this province and enjoyed all that it has to offer.I have gained the knowledge from some of the Great's as far as I am concerned and hopefully can pass some on to the new group of enthusiast.I have made many freinds thru out my excersions and hope to make many more the coffee is always on at my camp so come and have one any time and we can exchange stories and info Looking forward on being a member and hope to meet you all at one time or another.Due to health problem's had to hang rod's up for a couple of year's but me and the wife are raring to go again.
Probably start with simple lakes like Chain and then work thru Merit area June 23rd
Red Fly
Chris & Jean

·
Registered
214 Posts
Excellent, I need all the knowledge people are willing to let me glean off them!! I have to say that in day to day life my opinion of people in general suffers, it can be so hard to find a decent person sometimes. But nothing helps to restore my faith in humanity like meeting a fellow fly fishermen who's as anxious to trade secrets and stories as I am. Keep fighting the good fish!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hello and welcome to the sight. I know your home turf quite well as I grew up in Chilliwack and lived there for 40 plus years. My wife and I moved up here to Merritt a couple of years ago. We are having a ball exploring all the different lakes, so far this year we havn't hit the same one twice, yet. When you plan on being in Merritt send me a private message and we can exchange phone numbers and hopefully hook up for a day of fishing.

dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's for the welcome James Lake Junkie
It appears that you live in the heart of lake country I have spent many an enjoyable fishing holiday around the Kel area we are seriously considering moving to the vernon area so possibly touch base on fishing after the move.
Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave
Thank's for the welcome We have lived in Chilliwack since the late 50's I cut my teeth on the Vedder/ Chilliwack river system and all lakes and river's in the area We are seriously considering a move to Vernon area we like the location for lakes and every thing else it has to offer.We probably know a lot of the same people from coldslap,next time I will be in Merritt area I'll give you a shout maybe connect at a lake.
Chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looking forward to hearing from you, I know of quite a few good fishing holes that are under the radar I'd be willing to share.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Steve
I assure you all those honey holes are safe with me.My knowledge of the areas around the okanagan go back many years part of my family homesteaded kettle river valley have fished all lakes and rivers in these areas back when the trout were like salmon.
We still like fishing these spots and we always seem lucky.
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts