BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm sure that this kind of post is posted quite often, but if you could lend some advice that would be very appreciated. I am traveling to Fernie in Mid August, and plan on fishing the nearby streams which consist of the Elk, Wigwam, and Michel Creek (I am always open to others!). I, unlike others where I live, have nothing but respect for nature and the prosperity of the fish in the stream. I understand why some of you may resist giving me, some 'Merican tourist, information on you're favorite streams. I can't ask for you're secret spots, that is simply asking too much. But if any of you could help me with some general knowledge or locations, I will be very gracious.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Check your PMs

·
Registered
671 Posts
another good option would be to hire one of the local guides. your dollar has recently taken a bit of a jump, taking even more of the sting out of relatively inexpensive day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was there a couple of years ago in August and caught quite some cuthroat and bull trout, nice size as well.
And I'm a non-resident alien! Access to the rivers is not too difficult.
A boat or pontoon gives you even more possibilites.
Don't forget to go to the tackle shop in Fernie!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
A little defender is a good thing to bring. with slugs or 000 buckshot will do pretty good. and just keep an eye out. But other than that good luck fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts