BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new sinking line, and Fenwick fly lines caught my eyes.

It seems not too bad and the price is kind of reasonable.

Is the line worth to buy??

Any opinion guy??

Thanks in advance~!![/list]

G

·
Lines are simply based on personal preference, and most perform adequately. Having said that I am a big fan of RIO lines right now. Decent price, and they were good enough for Sage to buy.

cheers

G

·
bravo252 said:
I'm looking for new sinking line, and Fenwick fly lines caught my eyes.

It seems not too bad and the price is kind of reasonable.

Is the line worth to buy??

Any opinion guy??

Thanks in advance~!![/list]
When it comes to fishing gear,not always but most of the time you get what you pay for--there is nothing really wrong with their product,but their product will put a limit shall we say on your possible ability referring to your length of cast and the effort that you need to exert--if you can afford the better lines you will be happier in the long run--there are so many things to consider,do you usually cast or troll a fly----you will never go wrong buying a top of the line product if it is within your budget.

harley

G

·
harley Posted: Sunday 03rd of December 2006 06

When it comes to fishing gear,not always but most of the time you get what you pay for--there is nothing really wrong with their product,but their product will put a limit shall we say on your possible ability referring to your length of cast and the effort that you need to exert--if you can afford the better lines you will be happier in the long run--there are so many things to consider,do you usually cast or troll a fly----you will never go wrong buying a top of the line product if it is within your budget.
I totally aggree. Although I've never tried Fenwick's fly lines. I used to use thier various tips for my home made multi tip system, never knowing the difference in all around performance, until I made the switch to Rio's product. It's like night and day. The extra bit in coin was worth it.

Finder :wink:

G

·
Fish Finder said:
harley Posted: Sunday 03rd of December 2006 06

I totally aggree. Although I've never tried Fenwick's fly lines. I used to use thier various tips for my home made multi tip system, never knowing the difference in all around performance, until I made the switch to Rio's product. It's like night and day. The extra bit in coin was worth it.

Finder :wink:
I have found that for me over the years that if you have to try and save a buck---that`s OK---Just don`t go cheap on a fly line--if a person looks after a line,it will in fact serve that person well for many years--It also makes your experience on the water so much rewarding in the performance....

harley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts