BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is somthing on the site that has lost a little steam, but Courtenay from Nile Creek Fly Shop (one of the sites sponsors) has offered up a prize for us to host another month.

This months contest will be to tie up a Tube Intruder. Pictures will need to be posted on the site (in the soon to be set up February 2012 FOTM folder) and judged by a poll through members on the site. All entries (flies) are then to be sent to the Nile Creek Fly Shop where they will be put on display. Due date on February 28th, 2012, no late entries will be accepted.

The prize is a new Snowbee Spey line 2D multi tip, valued iat $175. If the winner doesn´t use a spey line then Courtenay will provide a new Snowbee Switch line with Polytips of same value.

We will open a poll for voting after February 28th once all entries are finalised.

A big thanks to C from Nile Creek for setting this up for us.

Time to get to the vice!

Reactions: Rick Baerg

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to be borrowing a couple of different tube vice adapters this week, can't wait to give tube tying a try. I have a pretty strong feeling that this may well replace all the shanks that I've been using.

G

·
Pro Tube's flexi-needles are a great (and cheap) alternative for tying on tubes. Nile Creek should have them instock most of the time, as well as Robinson's Outdoors here in Victoria for any island folk.

And they do accomodate Intruders very well!..

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, now that I have my flies for the swap mailed off, I'm going to fire up a few tube intruders. Let's see what everyones go up their sleaves!

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here`s what I came up with.

It`s a pretty good sized fly, 55mm with a very large set of dumbell eyes. Gets it out there, gets it down there.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As everyone is probably busy fishing, we're going to extend this through the month of March. I'll talk to Courtenay and we'll sort out a due date.

Kevin - I'll message you about how to free up some space to post more pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
View attachment 2312 View attachment 2311 View attachment 2313

It looks like everyone is afraid to engage in some beautiful fly tying...the need to spend lots of $$ is really not here..as Andy says the Pro Tube needle is an absolute wonder for tying tube flies...and of course anything that actually will work to hold onto the tube..so lets really get at this..beautiful flies for beautiful fish by beautiful people...all we need is an original photo and you..here are a few examples of very effective and easy to tie patterns..Easy to get Moose mane,marabou,Chenilles,Peacock Herl..a bit of flash..jungle cock not necessary but does look nice...Note the fly with the Jungle cock eyes,also see the Eumer heavy body bu also see the peacock herl wings,Actic Fox body hair,dyed Orange hackle feathers as the beard and more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.