BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a little curious what everybody's favourite colour for intruders are i have had the most luck with purple and dark blues one other question do intruders always need eyes on them?
thanks for any replies

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I myself like, black & blues, orange & black to name a few! Big ones, small ones, the thing I like to do is tie things different than what everyone else is using! Most people on the lower mainland rivers and other rivers all over the Province tend to use pinks and purples, probably the most common color used next to black for steelhead, I tend to say away from that color combo, just to be different, don't forget all the pink worms steelhead see in a day from our distant cousins, the gear boys. As far as the eyes goes, either or! Depends how deep you want to get down! Just remember their is only one rule and that rule is; "there are no rules" :) Anything goes dude! Have fun!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
whatever

I'm with Bergler.
Whatever is on the leader is my fave.
I used to do most everyting in the purples and blues, but now it is anything goes. One thing that intruder style flies have done is free us up to be as creative as we can be.
Whatever works for you is my motto.
Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.