BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
casting

that is some sweet casting demo there is some other good casting videos there as well i wish my casting could be that good just need more practice and i mean lots of practice

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
That Easy

I am sitting here at my computer dreading the fact that I may not be able to get out fishing over the next week. Just returned from europe with the flu of all flus and need to recoup for the upcoming flyfishing show... Having been in the Construction industry for years I used to laugh at Shell Busey's saying "folks, it's just that easy",,,but use it often now for casting.. All casts are and use the same principles...Line management. Slow action rods don't provide a good window to learning these type of casts...so don't expect to pick up your old Lamiglas and do a fancy combination. Lighter fast action rods are the ticket...stay tuned to this site for news on a single handed Spey Day or Two..
C

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actaully was just out on the river today and after watching some fellows use their switch rods and me having my single handed 8wt in the truck thought........I wonder. Well low and behold these cast work on single handed rods also :) And here I was dreading the fact that the little rod wouldn't get any more action. Now I just have to get an interchangable butt section to make it easier.

G

·
Cool video! I'm wondering how many wind knots were cinched learning those casts.:p I watched one fellow use nothing but these casts while fishing for coho one afternoon this past fall. Impresive..

Finder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts