BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Sadly) I'm selling my Diablo Paddlesports Chupacabra Sit-on/Stand-up Kayak.

Purchased last summer, it's seen water about a dozen times.

The kayak is 10'5' long, and 37" wide, giving the ability to very easily stand to cast or paddle. It weighs about 60lbs. Lots of info & reviews of the Chupacabra are on the interwebs if you need more info.

Accessories include:
  • the Diablo skeg is installed, which helps straight tracking while paddling;
  • the 'Larry Chair,' which allows sitting ~8" above the deck (thus easier to stand, too);
  • a Surf-to-Summit GTS Pro kayak seat, which is brand-spanking new (just rec'd it two weeks ago);
  • a bastardized milk crate, with two rod holders attached (I'm throwing this in for free if the buyer wants it).
  • a Sawyer Quick-Draw Versa Paddle, 3pc, changes from a kayak paddle to a stand-up paddle.

My asking price for the kayak & accessories is $1200.

My plan was to keep this kayak for lakes, rivers & close-to-shore paddling, and use my newly-purchased a 14' kayak for open water further from shore. But someone doesn't see the need for two kayaks, and in order to maintain relative domestic harmony, I must decrease my fleet size.

Fact of the matter: this is a really cool little boat, and if I had my way, it'd be staying with me.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any; I'll try to answer while moping about having to sell it.

If you live on VI, I'd be willing to deliver, if needed.

Water Boat Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Lake

·
Registered
2 Posts

The kayak is 10'5' long, and 37" wide, giving the ability to very easily stand to cast or paddle. It weighs about 60lbs. Lots of info & reviews of the Chupacabra are on the interwebs if you need more info.

Accessories include:
  • the 'Larry Chair,' which allows sitting ~8" above the deck (thus easier to stand, too);
  • a Surf-to-Summit GTS Pro kayak seat, which is brand-spanking new (just rec'd it two weeks ago);
  • a bastardized milk crate, with two rod holders attached (I'm throwing this in for free if the buyer wants it).

My plan was to keep this kayak for lakes, rivers & close-to-shore paddling, and use my newly-purchased a 14' kayak for open water further from shore. But someone doesn't see the need for two kayaks, and in order to maintain relative domestic harmony, I must decrease my fleet size.

Fact of the matter: this is a really cool little boat, and if I had my way, it'd be staying with me.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any; I'll try to answer while moping about having to sell it.

View attachment 3354
Hi there, still selling the kayak? it does look interesting, but I live in lower mainland so I guess buying it might be a challenge.

Henry

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump******this is still available.

I'm now including the paddle, too; it's a Sawyer Quick-Draw Versa Paddle, 3pc, changes from a kayak paddle to a stand-up paddle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump******this is still available.

I just got back home after three weeks in Ont working & I'm gonna try to sell this kayak again, if anyone is interested.

It's definitely smallmouth on the fly season now, and this is the rig to getcha into the smallies :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump - new price of $1050.

That's less than half the price of everything that's included cost me - and it's a great way to get the hotties in bikinis on paddleboards to come over & say hi. Serious.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Accessories include:
  • a Sawyer Quick-Draw Versa Paddle, 3pc, changes from a kayak paddle to a stand-up paddle.

View attachment 3354
Hi, I realize this is old, but is it still for sale?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts