BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had a quick search of the forums and it doesn't look like this has been answered too greatly. I'm in Greater Vancouver area for a few days and I have my fly gear. Is deer lake in Burnaby worth looking at? I had a peek on google maps and it looks to have a lot of weed around the edge. I don't have a boat or a float tube.

Also, what are some other spots around Van that can be reached by public transport? (Btw, the transit system here is awesome. Loving it).

Thanks again - be nice to the new immigrant!

Bretzke.

·
Registered
500 Posts
look up fishing with rod on the internet. his site has a bunch of spot in around the city that you can fish without a boat.

·
Registered
500 Posts
oh ya green timbers in surrey you can take the bus to. its more like a pond than a lake but its nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Deer lake is a very challenging lake to fish. It has stocked trout as well as massive carps. The carps in there are one of the harder ones to catch as they spook very easily especially during spawning. If you don't mind getting skunked consecutively. Green timbers is your best bet as you can take the skytrain to king george and walk up 100th for around 15-20 minutes until you see the sign on the right hand side. You can also fish the capilano but it is very challenging and could be a head ache if you don't know the area too well so maybe best if you stay away from there. So really as Matt recommended, green timbers lake is your best bet! Of course, don't expect too much ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts