BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'll be heading out in a little bit to see what the tides bring in. I'll post my results later. If you see a guy doing bad casts it's most likely me I recently had surgery on my right shoulder and I'm gpoing to attempt casting with my left.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went down by the backside of the Cow Bay Hotel there last Thur. but not much showing. A fellow thre said DFO said that the fish numbers are less than hoped for... but who knows since I saw nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be heading out in a little bit to see what the tides bring in. I'll post my results later. If you see a guy doing bad casts it's most likely me I recently had surgery on my right shoulder and I'm gpoing to attempt casting with my left.
Looking forward to hearing from you. If they show and I go there and you are there maybe I can help you learn to cast left handed. :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well I made it out to Cherry point and fished for a couple of hours with no sign of any pinks. I'll keep checking and I'llpost my results
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are some out there, but it's a matter of hitting the right tide/weather/luck combo. Was at Cherry pt this morning only to find a few jumpers. No visible schools. The tide wasn't great, though (low flood). Saw a few jumpers in town. But again, no real schools. If you head out, expect a pleasant but fishless morning and maybe you'll get lucky and run into a few.

My understanding is that fewer fry were released last year, so the returns will be lower than in years past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts