BC Fly Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting to tie up flies for this fall's coho fishing. Wondering what everybody ties (buys) as their must haves. I usually tie a selection of rolled muddlers (olive and regular), olive or black wooly buggers, red and white or green and white clousers with bead chain eyes and christmas trees. All in size 8 and 10. Thes are all freshwater flies, although the clousers work well in the inlets as well.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I like a small black bunny leech.
fave flash combos are
tail wing
purple blue
gold gold
red yellow

A Knudson spider bastardization with a bullet head.Deadly in frog water.

plus the flavour of the month

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I will see what I can do.
I have not developed all the neccasary skills required yet.
My loveley wife will be home later and may help me.

The leech is nothing special
Coho and cutties love it though.Especially the purple / blue.

The other one really has no name. Natural wood duck flank.
seems to be key.Natural drab colours seem best most of the time,
with a purple bullet head good at times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've taken coho with a variety of streamer patterns which seem to have their place and time. One of my most consistent patterns is the X-mas Tree (my favorite colour will be a part of the fly swap). I also like rolled muddlers and small buggers. Then again - don't forget the coho blue and mickey finn. I've also seen guys hook coho with green leeches, but I've not had any luck with those yet. Also, one of my go to patterns is a small modified GP pattern that seems to do well on the drift. Don't forget to have a few glo bugs as well... :wink: .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Group,

I'm new to fly fishing for Coho and I'm looking for pictures and material list for Coho flies. Does any one have a good web site of pictures they can send?

Thanks, Jake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts