BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of chum hangin around now with the coho and while there still bright and active, its been fun getting a few on the fly.
Great for the smoker aswell (if there not to dark)
Ive alwase used the usual green/white clouser, green neils and chartreuse wooly's seem to work well for me.

What are your guys/gals favourite chum flies for saltwater?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some flies do look like hoochies lol but this is what were talking about Body jewelry Jewellery Insect Metal Earrings

Yes floating line works when the fish are near the surface, ive been using a clear sinking ghost tip seems to be the best for coho/chum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
lmao no no I ment i know with fishing around the island what works near campbell river dosnt necessarily work down here. and you might be fishing in a river as I might be fishing closer out to the ocean in a estuary.
is ghost a brand? or just means clear sinking tip?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol! Yes your right on that,not all flies work in differant areas.. but most of the popular ones do such as the Green or Pink Clouser, Cali Neals etc
Its a cortland 444line,ghost just means a clear sinking tip. Ive been fishing in the estuaries along the beaches

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice! Im hoping to try for some chum over the next few days so just getting prepared. I went into a shop and the guy said he fly fished but didnt even know what a California neil/neal is. Im now doubting he flyfishes very much. Sounds very popular. The best fly shop here is downtown and I can never find a parking spot. Ill try agian. I went to a garage sale last year and bought a ton of flys lots new, lots not but lots dont have names but look very good but I have no idea what they are. I should take a pic and get you guys to tell me if I have anything decent that will work around here and for what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts