BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Mine should be out by Wednesday. I'm in the middle of my night shifts. As soon as they are over I'll finish off the batch. Got the new AJ Chironomid hooks and some tungsten beads from Canadian Llama. What a nice looking hook.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Done, mailing them off Monday.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Ok, so I sent in two ties as well. I origionally tied up a size 15 black with red and silver wire, and a white tungsten bead head. I'm not really happy with the ribbing, I had a lot of trouble with the two wires, so I decided to send them any way but tie up another one as well. I think the red / silver one will fish, it's just not the neatest of ties.

The second one is a size 15 black with silver wire, a silver tungsten bead, and a tuft of white para post in front of it all as gills. Both ties are on the new AJ Chironomid hooks.

Can't wait to see what everyones contributed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Guys. I am on a fishing trip in the interior. I will get on the tying as soon as I get back home. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday. After this trip I have a few more ideas but I will either do a variation of the red black and red, bloodworm or JohnK's redbutt green. Maybe two. Cheers

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just finished mine up. will put them in the mail in the next few hours. thanx for the swap Bgw2b. There are a few extras for you to try out as well.
thanks again,

brian

·
Austyn
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
this swap has been perfect, have recieved them all before the due date, will have them out by tomorrow, you guys rock, cheers, austyn :cheers:

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Good to hear Austyn. Thanks for setting this up.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Good job to all of you, it is great to finally see a swap with all tiers completing, let alone within the time line. I kinda wish i'd joined now:( Was getting a bit bummed out with all the DNF swappers lately

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
I'll share mine with Ed. ;)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Got a package of chironomids today! Great work everryone, and good job as swapmiester Austyn. I'd be happy to do another one with you anytime.

Reactions: Blackgivesway2blue

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
As if I need another reason to get home from work. Hope mine are there. I have 3 different fly tying packages en route to me in the mail, all arriving this week.

Can't wait to see these ties!

Reactions: Blackgivesway2blue

·
Austyn
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
thanks too everyone guys, im glad we all did this in such short notice and all had great patterns, deffinatly gonna host some more swaps over the rest of the spring and summer soo keep your eyes open ;) cheers, austyn :cheers:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts