BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whistler Flyfishing Cast and Blast-Saturday March 10th 2007

The next Cast and Blast Spey demo day is set for Saturday March 10th from 9am to 4pm on the banks of the lower Squmish river by the Mamquam bar.Try the new gear and enjoy the free BBQ and lessons from some of the best speycasters around at the Cast and Blast demo day. This is a free event and everyone is welcome. Try brand new gear from G&L Flycraft, Loop, CND, Redington, Echo, Sage, Rio, Airflow, SA and more. As well there will be a fun contest taking place in the afternoon. Stay tuned www.whistlerflyfishing.com for updates or call the fly shop.

WhistlerFlyfishing
#117-4368 Main Street
1-888-822-3474 or 604-932-7221

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
It'll be a" blast "

Hey Brian you know I will be there.
Always good to see everyone and I always learn
something from the excellant casters.
Casting a whack of different rod and line combos is cool
as well. I find it helps to figure out which style of casting works best
for an individual.
See you there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good news, Brian

I'll definately be there. I really enjoyed the event last year, but as I was recovering from an injury, I didn't get the opportunity to try anything out. I can't wait to try out the rods this year. Say hey to Tim if he's around.

Mark in Squamish

·
Registered
204 Posts
Would this be worthwhile for someone who is thinking of getting a Spey rod, such as myself, or would it be better suited for those who know what they are doing. I've never casted one but they definitely intrigue me.
Thanks
Bead Head

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
a'yup

Hey Beadhead, this is exactly what you are looking for.
Lots of rods and people who know how to use them to help you.
The whole event is about fun and sharing the "love".
Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Still going

Hello there Speyman.
I spoke with Francois this afternoon, and the show must go on.
There will be some shelter set up to get out of the rain.
Just pretend you are going fishing. A little rain never hury anyone.
I haven't met a steelheader yet who was made out of sugar and had to worry about the rain. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weather was good untill about 1:30 Then the flood gates opened.
Was nice to try other set ups One of the instructors tried my rod and line and showed me how it should work . Was the first meeting i have been to and i should have tried it earlier . He told me what I was doing wrong and it was a great help. Few guys out there who had never tried it before and it was good to see . Everyone was very positive

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Most excellant

The Cast and Blast was great.
It was excellant to meet a few of the guys from the board.
Good to see a bunch of old friends.
I managed to get some quality time in with the new Gorran Anderson 12' 6wght. That will definately be on my christmas wish list.
Special thanks to Frank for helping me out with my underhand technique.
The light came on. At least noe when I screw up a cast I will no what I did wrong and will be able to correct it.
And Frank, I won't mention the purple intruder anymore:)
Have you ever noticed how good a smokie can taste when it is wet and rainy?
Thanks Brian and all the crew from Whistler Fly Fishing.
I think that everyone who attended got something out of the day.
To all who attended, thanks for coming out and hope to see you at the next function.

G

·
Sure wish I could've made it, it sounded like a blast..:( However it just wasn't in the cards for me family wise. Hopefully next time.

Finder:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to Brian and the guys at Whistler Fly Shop.

This was a first time trip for me to one of these events. I have only been casting spey about 6-8 times so the chance to get advice and watch some of the experienced casters was great.

Ian

G

·
Sure wish I could've made it. However family obligations have to come first. Sounded like a ton of fun..Hopefully next year.

Finder:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts