BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I are spending the next few days in Vancouver. We left Penticton at 4 AM today so we could fish the Vedder river on our way through. We'd never been on the river before and have never been steelheading either! Lots of fun, beautiful river... No bites. Anyways, we're planning on going back Monday on our way home so if anyone has any tips on locations that would be great. We fished around the Peach Rd parking lot as well as the Lickman Rd parking lot so it'd be cool to check out some of the other pools down the way.

Also, we're wondering if anyone knows if anything is happening on the Capilano river, we'll be in the area probably Saturday so it'd be nice to drop a line in there if it's worth it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cap is a Canyon and kinda difficult if you dont know the area....also there isnt much if any of a steelhead run there....if there is they would be best left alone as they would be few and far between.....i would suggest trying the chehalis near mission if u want a change up vs the vedder and for a better chance of hooking up.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
271 Posts
the Vedder has been tough fishing lately with the low clear water. the fact we are getting some rain is a big positve and should allow some fresh fish to move in and up the river. it will also allow all the stale fish that are trapped in the canal to move up.

If you can try to get together with someone that knows the river a little better. If not i would try the areas ABOVE the vedder crossing bridge(Vedder rd. bridge that crosses the river) you wanna take the road that follows the river upstream from the bridge, there has been more fish caught up there recently because the water is more like holding water then the lower reaches.

good luck out there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! We might head to the Chehalis tomorrow, but we'll definately be back on the Vedder Monday, so hopefully the rain helps some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts