BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2,702 Posts
All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within Canada will eventually require the card. The following three groups of boaters require the card IMMEDIATELY:

* All operators of any powered watercraft under 4m in length (13.1ft)
* All operators of PWC's (i.e.: sea-doos and jet skis)
* All operators of any powered watercraft born after April 1, 1983

As of September 15, 2009 all boaters will be required to have the Pleasure Craft Operator Card in order to operate a powered watercraft. There is no grandfather clause or age exemption – this law applies to all boaters. Powered watercraft includes watercraft fitted with any size motor – even a trolling motor.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts