BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I've seen mentioned in several posts that if a body of water is regulated for fly fishing only, then that also means no strike indicators. I've had a look through the provincial regulations, and could not find this mentioned anywhere in the texts that I read.

If anyone knows exactly where it is found, would you mind posting a link here? I'm just concerned that there may be a section that I am missing, and would hate to find myself fishing against regulations due to ignorance / neglect.

Thanks,

Scott.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hey gang,

I've seen mentioned in several posts that if a body of water is regulated for fly fishing only, then that also means no strike indicators. I've had a look through the provincial regulations, and could not find this mentioned anywhere in the texts that I read.

If anyone knows exactly where it is found, would you mind posting a link here? I'm just concerned that there may be a section that I am missing, and would hate to find myself fishing against regulations due to ignorance / neglect.

Thanks,

Scott.
Hey Scott its in the definitions. If you search that topic in this forum, it has been discussed on many occasions and should have the answers you are searching for, cheers!! :)

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

Thanks,

Scott.

Page 96, first column, 6th definition from the bottom:

'fly fishing … angling with a line to which only
an artificial fly is attached (floats, sinkers,
or attracting devices may not be attached
to the line when fishing is restricted to "fly
fishing only”).'

·
Registered
214 Posts
Whoops! I'm fairly good about thoroughly reading the regs but I missed that one! I know I've broken that law a few times in the past. Fortunately I normally catch and release. Good topic thanks for bringing this to my attention.

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Prof!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts