BC Fly Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our way back home today we decided to come up though the Fraser canyon. On our way we decided to stop and checkout Barnes and Willard lakes in Ashcroft. They are completely free of ice. looks like they are in the midst of turning, lots of bottom debris floating around. We continued on to Logan Lake, sorry we didn't go into town to check the lake, but I would imagine it would be ice off as well seeing as it has an aerator.We headed towards Merritt, driving by Mammett Lake it also was totally ice free with a bit of a chop, so it should be turning pretty quickly as well.

dave

·
Trout Tramp
61 Posts
Logan lake still covered in ice, the ice is coming off about a foot around the edges during the day then freezes up again at night. A little warm weather will cure that in short order as I don't believe the ice is as thick as most years.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification on that T.T. :thumbsup:, like I said we didn't actually drive into Logan Lake, but the last time we were though there was quite a wide swath around the aerator.

dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts