BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've got my trip coming up with My dad, Uncle, Cousin and I coming to fly fish the campbell so i've been tying like crazy. 120 flies in 3 days. Lots of small chartreuse intruders, pink intruders (size 8) with stinger hook, eggs, tylers terrors in blue, chartreuse, and pink, egg sucking leaches, Pink salmon nymphs in chartreuse, blue, pink, flash flies, pink zonkers as i like to call them and of course... my poppers.. with a few secret weapons :D

I'm super excited and i get to get up to the nimpkish for springs, sockeye and maybe some steelhead! I go from august 5th to the 12th!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I sure hope so... i did the count with all the flies i have that i've tied and the flies that i bought over the years. We have 300 all together
Well, that's a good start.:cool::cool:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I hope you guys both know that by saying you have 125 flies or 325 flies, you make me seem extremly under prepraided as I'm at 75 right now and growing, buy 10 hour work days make it pretty tough so my loss of sleep will be accredited to you guys, :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been tying up "generic" pink patterns everyday. About 12 of them each.. 8 more days. 8 x's 12 is 96 more flies to go. Keep in mind if you are only tying for yourself you will be fine. I might just start doubling up on patterns. Getting my new Ross momentum LT in the mail today! This is going to be so awesome!

Side note.. 4 cavities being filled today (ouch)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ha good stuff, I just had one cavity filled too. Sadistic med-school dropout drilled almost right down to the nerve!. The pain killer is starting to wear off and it hurts like a sonofa...

Anyways enjoy your trip. I hate you

;P

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey, BH! Looks good! I live in Campbell River and have been down several times, lots of fish moving up the river. "They" figure 2 million to move up this year, twice as many as last year, which was insane! Was up island the other day, and lots of bright pinks! Hope you have a ball!

·
Scott
1,589 Posts
Nice collection of flys!

I'm glad to hear that there is an increase in expected fish returning to the CR. I grew up there and spent many summers fishing, swimming, and lounging the days away in that area. Brings back a lot of memories.

If you've not been to CR before, you're gonna love it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Your collection has left me feeling rather inadequate....although my collection of pink handlebars is likely all I will need, I felt obligated to stop by the fly shop today and pick up some new colors of marabou (it was needed anyway) and some new zonker colors - I've been feeling like getting into some steelhead as well soon, and now that I have all these colors of marabou, some popsicles are gonna get that ball rollin..... good luck in CR. My buddy gets back in town this week, and we will likely head up for a day....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I go every year, theres always a point where we slay the pinks on a pink fly for about n hour then nothing, we switch to chartreuse, we pick up some more pinks, we switch up to purples and blues, and we slay them, orange is good too. I've always picked up a couple of small steelhead? Perhaps resident rainbows on my Purple and maroon zonkers. Its a good way to keep the fishing going!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just spent the last 3 days camping at Elk Falls Park and the fish are stacked quite thick in the Campbell. Pink and yellow mutants were the two best flies for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts