BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
was hoping to get some facts here. I moved down from AK, in April thinking I would find a good paying job driving forklift, or in customer service by now but still am not back to work and i've had enough living in Kent.

I'm seriously thinking of moving to Bellingham. I would have chosen up your way before my move but decided i wanted to be closer to seattle so i can go to mariners and seahawk games. I thought I could have it both, a good job and pro ball, being a 4 yr college player myself i still like to watch games. However, I think having great rivers to fish on after work is more important than going to a ball game. I'm speaking of the Skagit, and mostly closer BC rivers.

From what i've gathered it seems the Fraiser, might be the closest. About 35 miles. Can someone tell me how many other BC rivers are within a 1 hr drive from Bellingham? I forgot how far the Thompson is and the Skeena, is something like 6 hrs?

Better Duck hunting too in the skagit valley. I mostly fly fish and miss fishing great rivers. thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Kettle crosses into washington around Oroville, though i dunno if thats close geographically to bellingham. Very fun little river to fish, though it suffers from serious draw down in the summer. Best time to fish it is just after high water. Lots of decent rainbows, brook trout and whitefish.

note: It may actually increase in volume significantly the further south it goes.

And yeah the skeena is up around Smithers which is about a 10-12 hour drive from the interior

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i do live here and there is the nooksack ... its not the greatest by any means but it does have its days... but your not far from the usual fraiser vedder thing which is what i try to do ... i lived down there for a short while and couldnt get out soon enough love it up here the best of both worlds

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i knew there was another page to this site and i just now logged on here. thanks for your help. im in lynden as of dec. but moving to bellingham, here around may 11th. i won't be able to start my fishing the fraiser valley until Late May but it's happening. I can't wait. It's good to be up here and i had a good duck season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts