BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that some pinks are showing up in the Campbell. Has anyone heard of Pinks showing up at the Oyster or other island beaches/streams? I thinking of heading up to the Oyster this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I saw a guy and his dog in a truck loaded with camping gear turn off at the Eve River heading towards the ocean yesterday. Looked fishy to me like he might be after the pinks. No rods spotted, but it was 6:30am on the Highway, so likely a fisherman of some sort.

I'm going to scout out the Cluxewe this week and will post here if I see anything pink-like.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If they're in the Campbell, you can almost guarantee they're in the Oyster. Where are you coming from? I should be able to get out this weekend if my back is better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friend and I are thinking of going up Saturday morning, returning Sunday night. We're coming from Victoria. I'll post again tomorrow once the decision has been made...

·
Registered
152 Posts
if you are coming from Victoria and do not want to waste your time.. go to Campbell.. you are garrunteed to catch pinks there.
I've been going to Campbell every day. And fishing is good.
If you are going to catch and release, the fly fishing only zone in Campbell is full of pinks.
I saw a guy fishing under the highway bridge on oyster.. I am not quite sure what he was fishing for though.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
if you are coming from Victoria and do not want to waste your time.. go to Campbell.. you are garrunteed to catch pinks there.
I've been going to Campbell every day. And fishing is good.
If you are going to catch and release, the fly fishing only zone in Campbell is full of pinks.
I saw a guy fishing under the highway bridge on oyster.. I am not quite sure what he was fishing for though.
Under the highway bridge? Weird. I'm up for a trip on Thurs or Fri if you're good with that. Shoot me a pm.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Met a grizzled pair of dudes from Mississippi who have been doing well for pinks off the Cluxewe for the last few days. The wind has been blowing, but it wasnt stopping them. If it's calmer tomorrow, that's where I'll be. I just stopped in after work today at around 8pm without my rod.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went to the Oyster yesterday to see if the Pinks were starting to move up into the system like they are in the Campbell. (The swarm of people at the Campbell are wearing me out.) I walked around a bit from the bridge to the estuary without seeing any in the river itself yet. I need to just buck up and get my saltwater licence I guess.... or I could just be patient.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I don't understand why anyone would fish for Pinks in the Oyster River itself when fishing for them in the Salt Water is so close and the real deal...better check the regs about targeting Pinks in the Oyster River...no retention I think!!??
And yes ,there are Pinks all along the beaches near the Oyster River now,check the kelp beds to the North nearing low tide and be ready for some fast and furious action..with the odd bonus of Large Sea Run Cutthroat Trout
C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts