BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Anchors

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  darcycote 
#1 ·
Hey what is everybodys fave anchor design for stillwaters?
I have lead anchors that are wider on the top than they are on the bottom, they dig in pretty good in all but the wildest winds.

G
#2 ·
I use your basic 5 pound retractable claw anchor on my 9 ft pontoon. It's ok as long as it doesn't get too windy. I think this year i will install a 2 inch thick PVC pipe along the one side and run an extra anchor off the front. It can be tough fishing chironomids when you keep spinning in the wind.:p

Finder:)

#5 ·
Well, I had two mushroom anchors, until a stump or something decided not to give one back to me :(

I just finished spraying a 1" round piece of plate with rubberized undercoating, this will be used for one anchor, the other mushroom still exists and will be the other.

Question, how many people use chain and rope, or just rope?

#10 ·
It's all good

Sounds like whatever you have is the ticket.
Just remember to get one that will securely ancor your boat at whatever depth you may be fishing, in whatever wind you can handle.
There is nothing worse than watching the guy next to you slay them because he is sitting still, while you get squat swinging in the breeze.
Not that this has ever happened to me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.