BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i have the problem, that i have a reel with floating line on and only one extra spool for it.

cause im here from germany i have no chance to buy another spool for that reel, and i dont want to buy a new reel.( its a Vision Koma , dont know if you ever heared about that...!?)

now i wanna put line on that spool....what should i do?

i enjoy to fish lakes, i thought , i have a floating line so i only need a fast sinking tip line.....

but what if the fish are in about 2 -3 foot deep?what about using different stipping technics?

i ll need a intermediate then right?

i m not feeling to do this decision allone, cause i never fished for trout and so here before...

what would you do?

·
Registered
205 Posts
My goto line for lake fishing is an intermediate camo/clear sink line. I have caught more trout on this line than any other. Mind you I do not do much chironomid fishing. I very seldom use my full sink. Just one guys way of doing things.

Ross

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd keep your floating line on the spool, for fishing 2' - 6' deep.

Just use fluorocarbon leader material (as it sinks quickly) - lengthen it to 10' - 14' - use bead head patterns and others with a little weight to them - and slow your retrieve down (use a slow hand-twist).
It'll work just fine for the depths you specified.

Of course - you always have the option of fishing under an indicator with the floating line, as well - something you can't do with an intermediate.

I have a couple clear intermediate lines - but find my floating line so much more pleasurable to cast, that I rarely use them anymore (all the clear intermediate lines I have used, have a tendency to kink in colder water - and just don't "shoot" as well as my floating lines) for fishing down to 10 or so feet. Deeper than that, and I'll throw the spool with a full sink line on it.

So to sum up - you should be just fine with a floating and full sinking line.

Viel gluck, mein freund!

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
You are fine...that reel will do ok and the lines you have will perform well also...the Vision Koma reels are available through our store but I do not have any of the cassetts in stock...make sure you maintain that reel...
C
hey,

i have the problem, that i have a reel with floating line on and only one extra spool for it.

cause im here from germany i have no chance to buy another spool for that reel, and i dont want to buy a new reel.( its a Vision Koma , dont know if you ever heared about that...!?)

now i wanna put line on that spool....what should i do?

i enjoy to fish lakes, i thought , i have a floating line so i only need a fast sinking tip line.....

but what if the fish are in about 2 -3 foot deep?what about using different stipping technics?

i ll need a intermediate then right?

i m not feeling to do this decision allone, cause i never fished for trout and so here before...

what would you do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi,

first i wanna thank you for your answers.( and the last sentence in german double tap)

you really help me with my decision, i was a little bit annoying, cause i wasnt too sure.

so ill buy a full sinking line and i hope that will do me agood service in the most lake situations.....

@salar, this vision koma is a nice reel for little money, in germany its about 100 € which is a 120 bucks aproximately. ill keep you in mind if i need another spool, maybe you can order it for me then!

take care guys and tight lines

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts