BC Fly Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what others use/recommend for an adjustable hang marker on full sink lines when fishing chironomids.
Thank you in advance for all replies.
Rucc C

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looking to see what others use/recommend for an adjustable hang marker on full sink lines when fishing chironomids.
Thank you in advance for all replies.
Rucc C
I use little rubber bobber stops but I don’t fish chironomids with a full sink line. Long leaders and dry lines. I use the rubber bobber stop on the leader. For your case they make a string bobber stops that is a little larger diameter that might get around your sinking line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Shakes

Thank you for the reply. I did try the string bobber stops this past summer but they fall apart very easily. I know of others that use permanent hang markers either painted on or with permanent felt markers every 10 feet or so. I may just try a thicker thread and attach like the string bobber stops are.

Tight lines
Russ C

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello Shakes

Thank you for the reply. I did try the string bobber stops this past summer but they fall apart very easily. I know of others that use permanent hang markers either painted on or with permanent felt markers every 10 feet or so. I may just try a thicker thread and attach like the string bobber stops are.

Tight lines
Russ C
That’s a good idea, the colour coded marks. paint pens are relatively cheap, they might work well. The colour won’t soak into the line and get lost like a Felt pen might. Don’t know exactly how durable it would be on a line though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts