BC Fly Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scoured the bookshelf the other night and pull out a collection of E. Hemmingways' short stories. Blasted through the Big Hearted River , parts 1 & 2. Excellent tale of old-time trouting adventure. Highly recommend it as a quick read before you put the lights out and have visions of good times past. My favourite line refers to Nick as not caring to fish a stream with other men on it. Must've been nice to have the option! Give it a browse and post a view...................Got me thinking of the trouts again a bit; might even fish the Skagit again this year!

·
Registered
214 Posts
While we're on the subject, I'd like to suggest a not-so-quick read. Wade Davis' One River is an excellent book about ethnobotanical discoveries and insights in the Amazon basin. It's a great book, a remarkable story of a very famous ethnobotanist Richard Evans Schultes who spent 15 years travelling around South America.

Davis himself is a harvard graduate and student of Schultes who grew up in Vancouver. He now lives in the yukon near a town called Iskut. He spends a lot of his time at a fly fishing lodge giving guided nature tours and is himself quite an avid angler I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I couldnt agree with you more Heron! Big Two Hearted River stories are classics! And there are still streams without men on them - but you often have to put some gravel under your tires and then some miles beneath your feet before you hit the water. Nothing like hiking through a mile of bush to find naive trout who just cannot resist hoppers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts