BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for an 8wt fast- med action fly rod and reel combo so I can start fly fishing. Im also looking for some steelhead and salmon flies I could buy. I have $200 to spend for the rod reel. and 25$ for flies

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was hoping to read that you had found yourself an outfit. I have been busy again and I found a good store, Pacific Angler, on Broadway in Vancouver. They are dealers for Redington rods. There are two combination outfits that would fit under your budget. The first is a Crosswater combo with reel, line, rod bag, backing, leader, US price 119.95. Canadian? I would guess not much more...The second is a bit more, called the Path combination, at 169.95 US. Both combos also come with a zippered rod case with attached reel pouch, a very handy item. The reels are composite (plastic in Canadian). Not a drawback for a new angler. Pretty much corrosion proof, repairable with crazy glue if you drop it and break off a chunk, or, if totalled, easily replaced. The rods have fighting butts in size 8, a handy detail for big fish. The Path combo in 8 wt comes with a Rio saltwater line. The pres at Pacific Angler is named Jason Tonelli and he has always been very helpful to me. If a new combination interests you, give him a call. When you get your outfit, let me know and I will send you some Lower Mainland flies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts