BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is a piss off, I hope you get it back.

I have been looking for something exactly like that for almost 2 years now, I would be livid to lose something like that.
If I come across that in my searches on the Island I will be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
375 Posts
my thoughts exactly. too bad that here in canada, if we beat the shit out of a theif, we go to jail and not them. pisses me right off. we have no "right to property and enjoyment of life" here in canada.
I agree, too many bleeding hearts in this country giving too many rights to people who don't deserve them.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
my thoughts exactly. too bad that here in canada, if we beat the **** out of a theif, we go to jail and not them. pisses me right off. we have no "right to property and enjoyment of life" here in canada.
Sorry, but that is the law. "Beating the ****" out of someone is considered assault. You have the right to defend yourself and your property to the extent needed to prevent a criminal act. If you walk in on someone in the act of rob bing you and they drop what they have and run, you have accomplished the task. If you chase them down and "beat the **** " out of them , you have assaulted them. You are not the law, the penalty for robbery is not a beating, on any Canadian law book I am aware of, and if it were, you are not designated to enforce the law.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The problem is in the law itself. The sentences in the court system are a joke, the bad guys know they will get nothing thats why they do it. If you were to get locked up for a really long time for breaking the law some people might reconsider their actions. The police only arrest the bad guy its not their fault the bad guy doesn't get punished. Its as frustrating for them as it is for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well I've seen posts asking for murder, a beating and even an f-bomb that somehow managed to make it's way into the thread. Great mentality guys.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
598 Posts
id like to apologize for my previous post. its was a little over the top. i was just frustrated as i have had a zodiac, two saws, gas, and firewodod stolen from my house. but yah a little over the top.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
id like to apologize for my previous post. its was a little over the top. i was just frustrated as i have had a zodiac, two saws, gas, and firewodod stolen from my house. but yah a little over the top.
Soooooo......why didn't you go back and edit it? No worries, I did it for you.

Guys, I would like to think that on this forum we try to hold a higher standard, an attribute that is instilled by Rick with a zero tolerance stance. You have to consider who is looking in and by that I am referring to young people who are interested in flyfishing and are impressionable by those of you they may look up to. I would suggest that you represent yourselves in a manner that exemplifies that.

To add to what Professori said, I have a friend, a fellow member of the Meritt Rod and Gun Club, who caught some teens breaking into his house. He came home to find them ransacking the inside of his house and he chased them through the house and caught them out in the yard and laid a beating on them and subsequently spent three months in jail. If he were quicker and had caught up to them in the house then he would've been justified in the eyes of the law. The law is what it is and though we don't agree with it, it is all the judicial system has to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts