BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

New Provincial Fish!!!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flytech 
#1 ·
So the province announced the new provincial fish. It is ....wait for it....(drum rol, pleasel)....THE PACIFIC SALMON (blaring trumpet fanfare here). The best part...The Liberals have managed to find 2 more salmon species to bring the total up to 7! That's right, contrary to scientific evidence, steelhead (once again) and cutthroat trout are now salmon. I guess it is way too much to expect any protection for fish species from a government that doesn't know or acknowledge that the species exist!!!!Thank god they are gone in 2 months.

#2 ·
I hope the NDP will put a stop to any new run of river project. I swear if they build one of those on Big Silver, I jsut might give up fishing. It blows my mind how this current government could support these IPP's. That and that alone is the only reason why I will not be voting for the BC Libs. OH and the creation of the TransLink. Because forcing drivers to supports local transit makes soooooo much sense. Let's force people to pay 14 cents per L, road tolls and road pricing. It never ends :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.