BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

fall summers...

4K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  patches 
#1 ·
while all the other guys are fishing salmon and getting ready for hunting,this is my favorite time of the year for summers , the water comes up and they have been left alone for a while . the water comes up and im heading to the island with a pocket full of bommers . air b.c and me! if and when you ever fished gear did you ever have a steelie come up and slam you float on top while in mid retrieve ? i have and the next day i went and bought a hand full of air b,c s . and this is the time of year when things heat up .....see ya out there

#3 ·
c.s.d. its real !

when are you going ? im in powell ,love to hook up ,i may be there by then but i like to go a little later.....like....3-4th week in oct but im flexible . the key is to have the water and you cant count on that most years at this time. but this year it should be good early. where did ya want to fish north or south ? i dont do stamp like rivers full of chochies ! im down to connect with any body elts that has C.S.D. (CRONIC STEELHEAD DISORDER) and look forwerd to watching steelies smash our bombers .contact me and we will hook up .

#9 ·
out tomorrow

going to the island tomorrow to hook up with tieflyer. we will try our luck on some mid island steams the water should be perfect as we arrive.hope you all get a chance at some fall fish.

#10 ·
i love the bunny leach

the trip was fun. As i expected the fish were at the top end of the system . holding in pools and runs trying to escape the 95 mm of rain that we got on the sat night .the river came up 1and a half meters which put the nicest water in the bush. it also payed off to know your system and the biology of the fish that you are targeting . not all steelhead are the same. the fish in this system are particularly fawned of worms , so the bright pink bunny leach was the fly of the trip for me hooking up to 5-6 fish a day.i rose a fish to a bright orange air b.c but the snap on the first take was a miss and the chase across the tail out lead to a 2end take on the swing that pushed the very dry fly out of the way . the rush that will keep you coming back for more .elk season just opened so if you out there remember to make lots of noise on the trails and you should let any bear or elk and hunters know your there.being shot at can put a damper on a trip . it was a great time fishing with tie flyer and his son .and a privilege to fish for the Vancouver island summer run .

#11 ·
last day....

tomorrow marks the last day for the island summers.most good summerrun streams close on the 1st .so hears to a good year ,and my they spawn successfully ,may there offspring return and be as willing to shake a hand with ya as there parents. happy all hollows every body

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.