Off ice reports 2011
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off ice reports 2011

Caddis
    Thanks

Default Off ice reports 2011

Is there going to be a subforum this year for ice off reports? its almost that time of year for the lower elavation interior lakes to start melting
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Inactive
    Thanks

I was curious about that too, I'm glad someone brought it up. Ready to battle loons for 'bows again eh?

The situation around Kelowna right now is pretty sad, especially with Wood Lake being iced over (which somehow happened in the middle of February??). Only open body of water I've seen lately is Okanagan Lake. How about Swan Lake in Vernon, is it still iced?

Caddis
    Thanks

i have been working in calgary all winter. i am coming back tomorrow and i was hoping that things where starting to melt. last year i remeber i fished a few times on my fishing license from the year before on hidden and baird lake, so they must have opened up at the end of march. but from what you are saying it dosent sound like that will happen this year. i have loaded up on gear hear in calgary and cant wait to use it this year. if wood lake is iced then im guessing swan is iced.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

5. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Inactive
    Thanks

I had a month and a half of fishing on my old license before I had to re-new last year. So far this year I have exactly 0 days fishing. It's only since the past weekend the weather has started to get a little bit warmer.

Caddis
    Thanks

hopefully it warms up and some lakes open up in april. what lakes did you fish last year with your old license?

Inactive
    Thanks

mainly Wood Lake, had a couple days at Trepanier creek shorecasting into the big water and at the tail end of the liscense was up at Idabel and Haynes Lakes near big white

Chironomid
    Thanks

wood lake will be open right now it never fully froze over, and shannon is not far away hoping by the end of next week it will be good to go. Was up ice fishing on another lake nearby and it is about a week or two away. The trout are sure active caught two in the 18" inch range nice and fat aswell won't be long can't wait to hammer out a leech into the open water

Inactive
    Thanks

woods is still frozen, there are a couple of open water patches. I drive by it twice a day. I saw 2 people in a boat fishing a wet patch about 100 yds in diameter.Round and round they go. The open water is close to the shore. two people in a boat, 12 people on the ice

Caddis
    Thanks

im realy getting the fishing bug! i got a fishing video game yesterday to try and keep me from going crazy, but i think its the most stupid thing i have bought. i put new leaders on my lines and greased up the reals and have reorganized my flys dozens of times. i need to go fishing!

Inactive
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by b_man360 Click here to enlarge
    im realy getting the fishing bug! i got a fishing video game yesterday to try and keep me from going crazy, but i think its the most stupid thing i have bought. i put new leaders on my lines and greased up the reals and have reorganized my flys dozens of times. i need to go fishing!
    there are a couple of open rivers around.

13. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information