BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Fixing Waders??

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Stone 
#1 ·
Well on my last trip i found out that i got pin hole leaks in both feet on my waders. It leaks on the seam and im want to know how i go about finding where they leak?? they came with a patch kit so i will use that to seal to hole but i cant see where they are.

THanks for the help

fisher4life

G
#2 ·
Turn the waders insideout, then blow them up ( a bit of a challenge but you can do it). Next sink them in a tub of water and look for the bubbles like we all did when we were kids looking for leaks in a bicycle tube. Mark the leak and seal with aquaseal.

#3 ·
What wader brand are they? If the breathable material is made out of Gore-Tex, the recommended method of finding the pinhole leak is by turning the waders inide out, finding the wet spot, and then rubbing some rubbing alcohol to the area. The pin hole will appear as a dark spot against the light lining material, and you can then apply a dab of Aquaseal to the area to patch it. I would further recommend that you put a piece of Scotch Tape over top of the Aquaseal until it cures (24h)...this will prevent accidental smearing of the wet glue, and will give you a nice flat smooth patch when cured. The tape just lifts off of the patch after the glue is cured.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.