BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Off to The Quesnel River

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  in the weeds 
G
#1 ·
For my birthday a couple months ago, my wife got me a trip to Tyee Lake Resort for a Streamside Fly Fishing adventure. And tomorrow is finally the day it arrives!! We will be pontooning down the Quesnel River on Saturday for an all day trip. This will be my first experience fly fishing on a river, i fished the Vedder and the Fraser for Salmon but never on the fly rod. I also hope to get in some float tubing on Tyee lake in the evenings for some caddis hatches. I will post some pictures of my trip when I return. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Tight Lines

#4 ·
Just came from there...

We stayed at the Tyee over the weekend and drifted the Quesnel on Saturday. The Quesnel water level was fairly high but with lots of hatches. The morning started with a caddis hatch followed by mayfly hatches for the remainder of day and a noon stonefly hatch. I fished dries all day using large orange stimulators, sofa pillows, yellow sallies and other similar patterns. Check the bugs and match the hatch. The Kokanees and Bows are willing takers. Our group will be back next year...

G
#5 ·
Got back from Tyee lake yesterday and drifting the Quesnel on Saturday and what a trip! lots of sun and good times and some fish as well. My friend Ryan and myself had the amazing experience to fish with some wonderful people (robin from the post above, great to meet you) who were more then willing to help out a couple of rookies like ourselves. We will be looking forward to next year....
I will post some pics when i get them off my camera
tight lines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.