BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Force Fins?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  troutchaser 
#1 ·
I generally fish out of my float tube and currently use the cheapest fins I could find. I went to the sporting goods shop the other day and looked at the force fins and they were priced around $200. Is the $150 difference in price from my current ones to force fins worth it? What do force fins have to offer to cost $200?

f4l

#2 ·
The biggest difference is they work moch more efficient on the up stroke. For me, that makes all the difference in the world. But you can find a knock off version for 50-60bux at most places. I have seen them at several shops. I think Water Skeeter makes a fin much like the Force Fins. Would I pay $200 for a set of fins? Hell no. Will I pay $60 bux for pretty much the same technology but without the name...yup.

G
#3 ·
You can find them for about $140 at fly shops. They are worth it but I always say if it's gonna break your bank and leave your kids without food or clothing then leave the money in your pocket. I'm using mine 40-50 times a year now so when you're putting that much time on the water you want to be as comfortable as possible. If you only go a few weekends a year then I would agree with you that the cheaper the better. But all in all Force Fins are more comfortable, take less effort, and move you faster, than do the farce fins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.