BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

FFBC & iphone

Tags
ffbc iph
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rmpearson12 
#1 ·
Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps. Thanks to 11th Warrior for pointing this option out to me and providing the screen Shots.

Tapatalk for iPhone:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It should be noted that there are two versions of Tapatalk. One is free and the other is $2.99, both avail through iTunes App Store (or right on your iPhone).

The free version allows you to do everything the paid version does, except respond to threads and PM's. You still have full "read" access to the forums. The paid version allows you to respond to threads, PM, etc. Your account permissions are also carried over, so if you need 20 posts to access certain areas, you'll still need them. it's a full native app for the forum.

I originally mentioned this to Rick because I was tired of viewing the forums using the web browser on my iPod Touch (too much pinching and resizing...those of you with an iPhone or Touch can sympathize, I'm sure). Rick was generous enough to install the plugin at both FFBC and BCFR for our use.

I'm not sure how many of you view the forums on your phone but this will make it much easier for those of us who do. Kudos to you Rick.

If anyone has questions, I've been using the program for about 3 months so feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.