Fishing Report for August 12, 2009

It looks like things are starting to pick up with cooler weather. I almost put a jacket on this morning! This means the lakes are getting a chance to cool down a bit and the fish should be more active.

Englishman lake has been fishing fairly with chironamids and Billís Ugly Green Thing. Donít ask, I havenít seen one. Yet!

Lundbom is fishing the same as last week. Deep and slow. We had a couple in to report they landed a couple of nice ones. Just remember to check your knots Click here to enlarge

The Bomber Chironi is still king at Leighton. Try shades of olive and a browny red also will do the trick as of Sunday.

Kentucky has been putting out a few nice ones. Lead lines deep are still a great way to go for the bigger fish. Now that Bingo Bugs are available again look out trout!

Try Spratley type flies at Bob Lake for pan fry size rainbows.

The Thompson continues to provide some great fishing. Elk hair caddis in the evening, larger dries such as stonefly patterns and hoppers during the day as well as stonefly nymphs. Donít be afraid to try streamers like rolled muddlers swung down and across either.

Time for this angler to start gearing up for his favourite fishing season, fall. There I said it. The dreaded ďFĒ word. It is my favourite time of the year though. All sorts of outdoor activities are available. Maybe I can get some more Grouse feathers for my special soft hackles soon.

Until next week, keep your tip up.

Tight Lines
Fred Watts
The Powderkeg Outdoor Supply Ltd.
250-378-9211