Sage VT2 '14/ 9w
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sage VT2 '14/ 9w

Fish Finder

Question Sage VT2 '14/ 9w

May be a possibility for my first double hander..What are your thoughts or experiences?

FinderClick here to enlarge

2. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Inactive
    Thanks

Default nice stick

I spent about 45 minutes with Chris from Sage last year at a clave.
    We were casting the 13' 7wght.
    I really liked it. After 30 minutes I was chucking arrows with the 450 skagit he had it lined with.
    Biggest thing is, try a bunch of rods before you buy. There are so many nice rods out there, you don't want to get the first one you look at.
    Tight lines
    Phearless ( Fred )
    Nicola Valley Outdoors
    Hidden Content

Brightfish

Default VT2..pretty nice!!!!

FishFinder:

Bought the 8/9 for my personal Xmas present. Using that with 550 skagit head with and without 5' cheater depending on tip used. I'm just a newbie but I love this rod. For the $ it seems a fair deal.

5. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

good all around rod

Fish Finder

Thanks for the input fellas. I'll let you know what I went with when I do get it.

Thanks

Finder
    I've heard good things about the Sage rod. It's supposed to be good with skagit lines. Another rod you might want to check out that is in the same $ range is the Scott Ls2 1408. It's more of an 8/9 & chucks tight loops with a skagit 550 & 9/10/11 windcutter. Cnd 8/9 & Airflow 8/9 Delta rocks on that rod a well.
    Alot of super rods on the market, makes buying confusing but fun. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Rookiespey; January 22nd, 2007 at 11:37 PM.

Fish Finder

Well I decided on the VT2 14'4 /9 weight. After doing some heavy thinking,and concidering I felt this was my best option for the money, for a decent stick at this point in time. After taking some expert advice, I'll be running it with the AirFlo Skagit line. I love my single handed outfit, so it'll be a little strange leaving it behind when I hit the local flow this spring. Thanks for your replys fellas, and thanks to Bergler for encouraging me to make the leap. Took me long enough I know. I look forward to eating a big piece of humble pie when I try and swing this rod around out there for the first time.Click here to enlarge

Inactive
    Thanks

Talking Just a thought...

Finder perhaps you WILL fall in love with your new DH rod...at first you may leave your single hander at home...then as time passes you develop an obsessive relationship with your DHer...you may then perhaps get the urge to sell your single hander...and Nathan will be happy to take it off your hands for a handsome fee! This is purely fantasy of course! -Nice_One
    Sippin' suds...sippin' scuds...

Inactive
    Thanks

Can't go wrong with that rod, Kevin. I've got the 9140 VPS and I think it's a great all around rod, and especially good for beginners to learn on. If I had to do it all over again, I would strongly consider the LOOP Yellow 9140 as it has a bit more backbone to throw heavy tips and flies with...but either one is great.

Phearless: Chris Sepio is with GLoomis and not Sage, is he not? Isn't Pete Morrison still the Sage guy...or have I been out of the loop for too long?
    There's nothing sexier than a hook dressed in fur and feathers.

Thanks

Default you got it

Chris is with Loomis and Peter is in Victoria this week-end at the Boat Show

13. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information