BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Sage VT2 '14/ 9w

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Stone 
G
#1 ·
May be a possibility for my first double hander..What are your thoughts or experiences?

Finder;)

#2 ·
nice stick

I spent about 45 minutes with Chris from Sage last year at a clave.
We were casting the 13' 7wght.
I really liked it. After 30 minutes I was chucking arrows with the 450 skagit he had it lined with.
Biggest thing is, try a bunch of rods before you buy. There are so many nice rods out there, you don't want to get the first one you look at.

G
#3 ·
VT2..pretty nice!!!!

FishFinder:

Bought the 8/9 for my personal Xmas present. Using that with 550 skagit head with and without 5' cheater depending on tip used. I'm just a newbie but I love this rod. For the $ it seems a fair deal.

#6 · (Edited)
Finder
I've heard good things about the Sage rod. It's supposed to be good with skagit lines. Another rod you might want to check out that is in the same $ range is the Scott Ls2 1408. It's more of an 8/9 & chucks tight loops with a skagit 550 & 9/10/11 windcutter. Cnd 8/9 & Airflow 8/9 Delta rocks on that rod a well.
Alot of super rods on the market, makes buying confusing but fun. :D

G
#7 ·
Well I decided on the VT2 14'4 /9 weight. After doing some heavy thinking,and concidering I felt this was my best option for the money, for a decent stick at this point in time. After taking some expert advice, I'll be running it with the AirFlo Skagit line. I love my single handed outfit, so it'll be a little strange leaving it behind when I hit the local flow this spring. Thanks for your replys fellas, and thanks to Bergler for encouraging me to make the leap. Took me long enough I know. I look forward to eating a big piece of humble pie when I try and swing this rod around out there for the first time.:D

Finder:)

#8 ·
Just a thought...

Finder perhaps you WILL fall in love with your new DH rod...at first you may leave your single hander at home...then as time passes you develop an obsessive relationship with your DHer...you may then perhaps get the urge to sell your single hander...and Nathan will be happy to take it off your hands for a handsome fee! This is purely fantasy of course! -Nice_One

G
#12 ·
Finder perhaps you WILL fall in love with your new DH rod...at first you may leave your single hander at home...then as time passes you develop an obsessive relationship with your DHer...you may then perhaps get the urge to sell your single hander...and Nathan will be happy to take it off your hands for a handsome fee! This is purely fantasy of course! -Nice_One
That's a good one Nice one!:D I sent you a bcfr pm.

Finder:)

#9 ·
Can't go wrong with that rod, Kevin. I've got the 9140 VPS and I think it's a great all around rod, and especially good for beginners to learn on. If I had to do it all over again, I would strongly consider the LOOP Yellow 9140 as it has a bit more backbone to throw heavy tips and flies with...but either one is great.

Phearless: Chris Sepio is with GLoomis and not Sage, is he not? Isn't Pete Morrison still the Sage guy...or have I been out of the loop for too long?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.